International Scholastic Group understands the importance to safeguard your privacy and we are committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the Personal Data Protection Act in relation to all Personal Information that we collect from you. This policy describes our Privacy and Information handling practices.
ISG refers to International Scholastic Group (Co. Reg.: 201401283W) and its related entities, where applicable. Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
This Policy outlines the following:
- The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold.
- How we collect Personal Information.
- The purposes for which the information is collected.
- The way in which we use and disclose Personal Information.
- The steps we take to protect and secure the Personal Information we hold.
- How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us.
- Mechanisms for complaint/feedback.
The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold
- In the normal course of business activities we will collect Personal Information from you and personal details may include name, postal and email addresses, date of birth, contact details, residency status, education qualifications, employment history, passport details, information required for visa application and lodgment, occupation and professional memberships of individuals:
- Who enquire about overseas study opportunities or who are applying to undertake a course of study at an overseas educational institution.
- Who register to participate in an event organized, managed or presented by ISG, whether in its own right, or under contract for another organization.
- This may include copies of documents provided to us as proof of identity – e.g. copies of passport, proof of citizenship or photographs.
- If you subscribe to our website (www.chooseright.org or www.scholasticgroup.org) or register your interest with at an ISG office, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, postal and email address, date of birth, contact details, country of residence, preferred study destination, and occupation.
How we collect Personal Information
- We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorized representative, or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorized by us to provide services to you.
- We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities.
The purposes for which the information is collected
- We collect, hold and use your Personal Information so that we can provide our services to you such as overseas recruitment/institutional placement, career counselling, internship placement, visa assistance, English language testing and training, student exhibitions and seminars.
Collection of your Personal information allows us to:
- Assist you to pursue the opportunity to undertake studies in an overseas education institution; Assist you to further your career after completing your studies at an overseas education institution; Inform and provide students, institutions and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs); Conduct research for statistical, analytical and training purposes; Manage our internal business operations and events; and Respond to your questions.
The way in which we use and disclose Personal Information
- We will use or disclose your Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected. We will use or disclose your information for a secondary purpose only if you have consented or if you would reasonably expect us to do so or as required by law. We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of our own direct marketing, however we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
The steps we take to protect and keep secure the Personal Information we hold
- We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold against interference, loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure, and other misuse.
The steps we take include:
- Maintenance of computer technology, people and process based security measures; Regular updates to security systems and configurations to protect our systems from malicious activity; Restriction of access to data to only those staff that need access to carry out our business activities; Training and ensuring that all our employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat Personal Information held by us as confidential.
How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us
- You have the right to seek access to any of your Personal Information held by us unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act for us to withhold the information.
Valid reasons include:
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature has been engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within us in connection with a commercially sensitive process.
Mechanisms for complaint/feedback
- If you have any questions about our policy or any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact us at the respective address below.
International Scholastic Group
#08-01, The House of Eden
4 Robinson Road, Singapore 048543
Updates to this Policy:
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. Any revisions to the Policy will be posted on this website.
If you would like more information on the Personal Data Protection Act, you can visit the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg/
The contact details for the PDPC:
Address: 460 Alexandra Road #10-02 PSA Building Singapore 119963
Main Line: +65 6508 7333
Fax: +65 6273 7370
Website usage and other information collected on this website
We use Google Analytics to measure and analyze its Internet usage to ensure the site meets ISG’s business objectives with users. Individual privacy is protected but we gain insights on how to make the site more useful for our users.
Data collected from this analysis include:
- The number of page views; The number of unique visitors; How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our sites; Common entry and exit points to our sites.
The material on this Website, including all information such as text, graphics, images and photographs, is protected by copyright pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), as amended from time to time and the laws of other countries. You must not alter, reproduce, store in retrieval system or transmit the material on this Website or any part thereof, unless authorized by ISG in writing or permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
All trademarks that are included on this Website are the property of their respective owners and are protected by relevant laws in Singapore and other countries. You must not use any of these trade marks (including the reproduction, modification, distribution, repudiation, display or communication of these trade marks) except by saving or printing out a copy of this Website for personal non-commercial use, unless expressly authorized by ISG or the owner of the relevant trade mark in writing.
Links from this Website
The external linked websites within the Website are not within the control of ISG. ISG does not take responsibility for the content in, or currency of, any externally linked sites. The inclusion of any link within the Website does not imply endorsement by ISG of the linked website, nor does it suggest any relationship with the organization linked.
ISG makes no warranties or representations about this Website or any of its content. ISG is not responsible to you or anyone else for any damages of any kind, including (but not limited to) any direct or consequential loss and losses resulting from security failure, disclosure of confidential information by other parties or the transmission of a computer virus, suffered in connection with the use of this Website whether based on breach of contract or warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if ISG is informed in advance of the possibility of such damages. ISG excludes, to the extent permitted by law, any liability that may arise as a result of the use of this Website. By using the Website, you agree to indemnify ISG for any loss or liability arising out of your use. Use of the Website is at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading, use of, or access to data, files, information, or other material on or through the Website. ISG’s aggregate liability to you for any other losses resulting from the use of the Website is limited to the nominal amount of SGD $1.
While the International Scholastic Group (ISG) has attempted to make the information on this server as accurate as possible, the information on this website server is for personal and/or educational use only and is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty. There is no guarantee given as to the accuracy or currency of any individual item on the website. ISG does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage occasioned by use of the information contained on the server nor from any access to the server. While ISG will make every effort to ensure the availability and integrity of its resources, it cannot guarantee that these will always be available, and/or free of any defects. Users should take this into account when accessing the resources. All access and use is at the risk of the user. ISG has provided hypertext links to a number of other web sites as a service to users of this website. This service does not mean that ISG endorses those sites or material on them in any way.